Designed to be installed in both public access environments (urban spaces, shopping centres, airports, road-side rest areas…) and private ones (companies with EV fleet, taxi stop stations…) where vehicles need to be ready to continue their journey in less than half an hour.
Conceived to address the main problem identified by Charge Point Owners / Operators when Fast Charging (low uptime), Raption 50 series bases its functioning in state-of-the-art modular
Another key attribute considered has been its external design. Sophisticated, slim and robust are just some attributes that can be used to describe this series and make it ideal for any type of site (from the most stylish urban area to industrial sites).
For Charge Point Operator / Owner
• Its modular power technology ensures a very high uptime (reducing the non-operation expenditure) since in case of power module failure the rest of modules continue charging.
• Lower energy consumption (and therefore OpEx) is achieved due to a sustained high efficiency level resulting from disconnecting power modules when lower charging power is requested by the EV.
• The modular architecture allows power scalability (e.g. from 25kW to 50kW) that offers a flexible solution to meet present and future EV growing battery demands.
• It offers a unique connector care concept by means of gun locking feature (optional) and cable floating design, which results on a reduction of cable breaking risk (i.e. lower OpEx and higher uptime).
• Its double frontal key-locked door provides an easy access to the inside of the charger which results in a lower OpEx due to a quicker installation and service (preventive/corrective). Moreover, it allows the charger to be installed next to a wall, optimising the available space.
For Charge Point User
• Its 8’’ touch-screen daylight readable not only provides clear charging instructions (e.g. wrong EV shift position to start the charge) and plug status (e.g. reserved charge point) but also allows the user to select amongst several languages.
• User satisfaction is also increased due to its build-in courtesy light which both facilitates locating the charge point in dark areas and reading the messages contained in operator instruction labels.
• Accessibility for the disabled has also been considered, complying with international standards regarding the height of connectors/ display that facilitates its operation.