Designed to be installed in both public access environments (urban spaces, shopping centres, parking lots, airports, petrol stations …) and private ones (companies, community car park sites…) where their intelligent capabilities offer a range of possibilities which improve the user and/or operator experience.
Nowadays, the concept of smart cities demands an innovative design for its urban equipment, especially for EVSE (EV Supply Equipment) due to its innovative nature. With its stylised shape and modern lines, eVolve series meets this demand.
In the same way, not only external design has been taken into account but also the daily conditions (both operational and environmental) EVSE have to withstand.
For Charge Point Operator / Owner
• The Embedded Load Management allows a lower TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) by charging two EVs simultaneously even when the charger is not supplied with its maximum output power.
• Its frontal key-locked door provides an easy access to the inside of the charger which results in a lower OpEx (Operating Expenditure) due to a quicker installation and service (preventive/corrective). Moreover, it allows the charger to be installed next to a wall, optimising the available space.
• About the charger’s housing, aluminium and ABS plastic have been combined in a robust structural design that provides protection to both mechanical stress and severe environmental conditions, increasing the charger lifespan and avoiding its replacement in just a few years.
• In terms of communication, either by its Ethernet port (by default) or 3G/GPRS modem (optional) the charger can be connected to a back-office system (by means of OCPP) obtaining benefits such as user management, billing, remote error diagnostic, etc.
• To comply with the most demanding requirements regarding billing, eVolve series includes MID certified meters.
For Charge Point User
• Clear charging instructions and plug status are shown using a backlight display, increasing user satisfaction, especially useful when the charger has been previously reserved by another user.
• eVolve series offers a flexible authentication, meaning that the user can either authenticate before or after connecting the cable to the EV. Additionally, the authentication process can also be disabled for a ‘plug & charge’ use mode.
• The Accessibility for the disabled has also been considered, complying with international standards regarding the height of connectors/ display that facilitates its operation.
• eVolve series includes the necessary electrical protections (optional) not only to minimize the human safety risk of electrical shock but also to ensure the maximum uptime due to independent protections per connector.